January 20th is National Cheese Lovers Day
National Cheese Lovers Day is a day dedicated to the celebration of the many different types of cheese in the world, of which there are estimated to be over 2000 around the world. So why not celebrate your favourite cheeses and try out some new ones.
Here are Groombridge Farm Shop we have a great selection of cheese from The Cheeseman, a locally run family business who specialise in promoting local cheeses.
Why not try the Burwash Rose, a semi soft cheese washed in English rose water that is deliciously creamy and has a wonderfully pungent aroma.
Or how about the Brighton Blue cheese. A mild, semi-soft cheese with a mellow blue flavour and a slightly salty finish. Brighton Blue has won numerous awards including a prestigious Super Gold at the World Cheese Awards 2017-2018.
Why not get into the swing of national cheese lovers day and enjoy a baked camembert with some fresh bread.
- 250g camembert or brie, or other similar cheese
- 1 tbsp vermouth, or dry white wine, or kirsch
- 2 thyme sprigs
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- crackers or toasted bread, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Unwrap 250g camembert, brie or similar from its packaging, then place it in a baking tray (as tight as possible)
- Slash the cheese a few times and top with 1 tbsp vermouth, dry white wine or kirsch, 2 thyme sprigs and a pinch of dried chilli flakes.
- Bake on a baking tray for 20 mins until gooey. Serve with toasted bread or crackers for dipping.